I’m hopeful today, because my Mom is heading to a job fair this morning! I found an article online yesterday about a local company that wants to hire 300 people, and the way they described who they are looking for fit her very well. “Seniors with flexible schedules are welcome.” Yup, that would be my Mom. Anyway, last night we drove down to the location so she’d know how to get there today and she was in a great mood. Very positive. I feel good about this and I really hope she hears something encouraging this week!
It’s the kind of day where I can’t stop hearing songs in my head. It’s not just one song on days like this. Nope, it’s usually three or four, on rotation. Today, they are as follows:
* God is Tryin’ to Tell You Something from The Color Purple
* Hippo in the City from The Whitest Kids U Know (all of their songs are excellent!!)
* The Old Gold Tooth (and the rest of the songs, in fact) from the “Rap! The Musical” sketch on Mr. Show
* Some Like it Hot from Power Station (I make myself laugh by imagining all those beats and “thwap-thwap-thwap, thwap!” noises are really sounds of people being slapped.)
Other random things:
* I made myself a turkey sammich today.
* I’m psyched that it is a little easier to walk around today. I still have pain, but dare I say it’s actually beginning to get better?! Yay, I hope so!
* I didn’t wash my hair, but unlike most days like that, I am wearing my hair DOWN. Usually, every other day, my hair is pulled up. It doesn’t look great right now, but I sorta don’t care today. It’s fine.
* I’m glad I bought that “Kiss Me I’m Scandinavian” mug at Goodwill a few weeks ago. It’s on my desk, holding all my highlighters and felt-tippies and making me smile every day. Great purchase.
* Andy Samberg was on the cover of Wired in May. The issue’s circulating around the office and I had to snag it. The cover story? “How the Internet Saved Comedy.” Oh, yeah!
* My sister’s crap-ass assistant walked off the job yesterday and quit BY TEXT. How incredibly lame is that? What a coward. And I hate when this stuff happens to my sister… I’m in the mood to kick some cowardly ass, anytime. I wish I could! Some people are too stupid to live unmaimed for their terrible actions.
* There’s a spider living in my bathroom. It hangs out on the wall above my shower. I’ve decided it’s OK to let him live for now. I’m not sure why, except I like to think he’ll eat all the other smaller bugs and stuff (ha ha, like my house is teeming with small bugs or something), so he is earning his keep. However, he wasn’t there this morning. I wonder where he got off to…
* Sometimes I hear my phone on vibrate, but it’s not vibrating. It’s just sitting there. Why does that happen?
* I hate time zones.
* I am susceptible to cute and/or pretty packaging of cosmetics, and so I cannot go into Ulta or Sephora with money in my pocket because I could leave with shit I don’t need.
* Everywhere you go, anywhere in the world, I can guarantee that you will hear a baby crying or a toddler screaming before you leave.
* I feel like talking like a cartoony Italian pizza maker guy today for no reason. “Eyy! I’m gonna make-a the pizza pie!”
* This is enough blogging for now, because I want to go get that sammich and cram it in my mouth. Bye!