Oh, my purse. My lovely purse. I have one I really like right now, from Target, that fits everything so well and isn’t too cumbersome to carry around. I’d still prefer a cross-body bag because I love the hands-free thing very much, but this one was so pretty I had to have it. (It’s purple leopard-print with black patent-vinyl trim.)
This is what my sweet purse looks like!
Anyway, want to know what’s in there…what evil lurks in the heart of my bag? OK. Here goes:
* Wallet (zebra print; another cute Target find from years ago) and my keys
* Small notebook with a mechanical pencil stuck in the spine (for the random thoughts, ideas and funny observations)
* Two packs of gum (because one is almost done, so the backup is ready to go– one is spearmint, the other is peppermint sugarless gum)
* Foldable toothbrush, floss-picks and toothpaste
* Lip balm and a lip stain pen (Cover Girl “Touch of Toffee” and Bath & Body Works C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint in Plum Mint… love this stuff, it’s so minty and tingly!)
* Foldable brush and hairclip
* Coupon book (my little accordion file-thing from the $1 section at Michael’s; love this thing, I have everything organized by category.)
* My adorable purple iPod nano (I only wish it was 16GB because it’s always filled to capacity)
* Sunglasses (cheap and crappy and too big for my face; ugly)
* Checkbook and three pens
* Purell hand sanitizer spray
* An old prescription bottle containing a few packets of Goody’s headache powder and one packet of cold medicine
* My USB drive that contains my writing; my books, short stories and essays. I back this up on another drive at home in case I lose this one. But it’s my most valuable possession right now.
* Packet o’ tissues
* Sunshine by Robin McKinley
I thought I had more makeup than I do, but it makes sense… I never refresh my makeup during the day. Hell, I never even reapply lipstick or gloss. I forget to do it, and I need to make a note to myself to wear it more often. It’s a shame that a tube of lip gloss can last me almost two years… and that’s not sanitary, either. Note to self: Use the damn stuff!