1) The wide shots of the crowd in Washington, D.C. this morning
2) The actual Inauguration moment
3) Watching the Obamas dance tonight as the First Couple as Beyonce sang a beautiful rendition of “At Last” (who knew that Beyonce of all people would get me teared up?)
4) The strange, insidious way that the show House has crept on me and now I can’t change the channel if it’s on… how the hell did THAT happen? I thought I was “above” this show somehow; that I’d spend time watching just Tim & Eric reruns and DVDs and similar flim-flammery. (I only cried on the inside for this one, by the way.)
5) The way Olive stared up at me at the vet’s office today, smiling and wagging her tail as we learned she is healthy and happy… I was relieved her breathing problem is a simple case of kennel cough and not something more serious.
6) Nothing else. What do you think I do, sit around and cry all day?!