Yeah, it’s been awhile, and… it’s going to be a little while still! 😦
It’s only because I am super busy with work and now I need to catch up with everyday life stuff now that my Dad’s gone back home. (Which makes me sad, especially since this was a great visit all around.) Also, I want to include some photos and that means I need to get off my lazy ass and download everything from my camera. So anyway, a real post is on its way. Very soon. Maybe even tonight, if I get enough accomplished! Woo-hoo!
But in a nutshell:
* We had a great time with my Dad, and went on a couple road trips and cooked two very delicious dinners on the grill in addition to having wonderful conversation and bonding-time;
* I experienced joy upon Obama’s win, but felt a little awkward when it happened because my Dad was a McCain supporter and he looked kind of down as the news played out on TV, so I tried to downplay my elation for his sake even as the total geek in me was jumping up and down, filled with SQUEEEE!;
* STBX contacted me again. By text message this time. I guess I can explain, but it was no big deal, really. Had to do with car insurance. Still, anytime I hear from him stirs up emotions and that’s why I bring it up here for my “diary”;
* Hurley is 100% awesome. I have the coolest dog on the PLANET. Sorry, all you other dog owners, but it’s true;
* There are some beautiful spots in Arizona. I’ll show you some pics soon;
* We went on a train ride to NOWHERE;
* Work is crazy again, but I deserve credit for not freaking out about it on my first day back– I’ve been surprisingly mellow and “one-thing-at-a-time” about all of it, which is WEIRD;
* I have to get serious about losing weight. We ate very poorly this week. And it is showing, all over me!
* Finally, I love my blog friends so much! I just do. 🙂
Talk to you more later on. Now, though, it is time for me to go home and pour some whiskey for my damn self and start cleaning and all that crap! Yeee-ha, mothereffers.